Current Positions Available
Full-time Member Service Representative - Redding
Serves to provide consistent excellent service to our walk in and phone members. Performs transactions and side duties in an accurate and timely manner. Takes an active role in cross training in the branch and participating in weekly staff meetings. Actively promotes and provides credit union products and services to our members. Will be assigned to work on projects within the branch and/or in support of other departments within the Credit Union when needed.
Salary Range: $13.00 to $18.12- Health, Dental, Vision, Gap & Life/AD &D benefits available, plus other perks!
- Provides consistent excellent member service to all members coming in the branch and calling in on the phone.
- Performs variety of transactions in person and over the phone, including but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, purchase of monetary instruments, sale of stamps, reviewing account history, certificate transactions, IRA transactions.
- Responsible for learning and becoming comfortable with credit union products and services available for members including, but not limited to: deposit accounts, interest bearing accounts, ATM and VISA check cards, online banking, e-statements, audio response, direct deposit and basic knowledge of loan products.
- Provides cross selling opportunities to each member as fits their needs.
- Responsible for learning financial institution regulations such as: BSA, Reg CC, Reg DD and Reg E and applying them.
- Responsible for opening new accounts including certificates, IRAs and business accounts and complying with each account policy.
- Processes cash with accuracy and security measures set in place according to policy.
- Responsible for reading, studying and applying credit union policies and procedures as assigned.
- Properly identifies members in the branch and over the phone.
- Participates in routine side duties including, but not limited to: night drop processing, ATM processing, branch balancing, check stub balancing, coin shipments, TCR balancing, auditing various operations functions, keeping branch organized, supply inventory, filing, scanning and copying.
- Complies with office safety and security guidelines and training.
- Actively promotes credit union products and services to each member as appropriate.
- Participates in appropriate and applicable training through the credit union library, on-site trainings, cross training to ensure job knowledge is current and up-to-date.
- Is responsible for completing quarterly compliance training in all required regulations and polices, especially with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience and training in the banking field working with the public and/or experience in customer service and heavy cash handling is preferred.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- General skills applicable to this position include:
- A minimum of a beginner level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Advanced skills in using computers and related equipment, 10-key calculator, multi line telephone/intercom systems, and a variety of general office equipment including copy machines, scanners, and fax equipment.
- Ability to Interact tactfully and professionally with credit union staff as well as external contacts. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with various personnel and member information.
- Light travel is required. Travel to the various branch locations or to off-site trainings may be necessary but not regular.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and background screens, which include a credit report.
Vice President Lending - Redding
Make a difference as the new VP Lending for Members 1st Credit Union, a growing financial institution where our members have been our first priority since 1936. Members 1st Credit Union is searching for a talented, strategic leader for our senior management team, reporting to the President/CEO. As the VP Lending, you will:
- Proactively manage lending and recovery functions for the credit union
- Plan for future organizational needs by expanding in house mortgage and commercial lending
- Contribute to the overall strategic planning of the credit union
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, financially savvy and have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about lending opportunities. The successful candidate will also have the vision to lead our financial institution by having leadership characteristics necessary to achieve Member 1st Credit Unions' strategic goals, maintain proper lending and recovery controls and effectively partner with all credit union stakeholders. Lending knowledge in all direct and indirect lending is a MUST, including mortgage and commercial lending.
Salary Range: $78,930 to $125,740 - DOE - Health, Dental, Vision, Gap & Life/AD &D benefits available, plus other
- Oversee all lending and recovery operations of the credit union.
- Actively contribute to quality member service, growth and profitability.
- Provide analysis on trends in lending and industry lending opportunities to guide strategic planning.
- Identify and maintain high standards of lending and recovery reporting, record-keeping, and complex regulatory compliance.
- Manage and oversee the direct and indirect loan portfolio to ensure strong organizational financial health.
- Regularly provide reports to CEO, senior management team and credit union board of directors on the progress of strategic goals and objectives.
- Lead and direct the staff and operations of the lending and recovery departments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business or Finance and/or an equivalent level of knowledge such as would be gained with five to ten years of experience in a credit union or similar financial institution is preferred.
- Must qualify to be a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). Registration set forth by National Mortgage Loan Systems (NMLS).
- Thorough knowledge of direct and indirect lending, marketing, collections practices, and financial products relative to credit unions as would normally be obtained with 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a related managerial position within a financial institution.
- Knowledge of credit union products and services, consumer loans, credit granting criteria, collection techniques, and applicable federal and state regulations.
- Organizational, analytical, public relations and project management skills; ability to coordinate a variety of projects. With an ability to develop an effective marketing campaign for loans and loan products.
Don’t see an available position to fit your talent? Upload your resume below, and if a position becomes available that fits your talent we may contact you. Your resume will be kept on file for a period of 60 days. In the meantime, check back periodically for open positions that are of interest to you and complete the application at that time.
If you are unable to submit your application through our application process, please fill out the fillable pdf version and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click here for application.