Card Processor Change
For Immediate Release
Dear Valued Member,
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a Members 1st Credit Union member and express our appreciation for choosing Members 1st for your financial needs. In our effort to continue “Stewarding exceptional member service through reliability, integrity, and Company Spirit,” we are pleased to announce June 24, 2013 we will change to a new debit and credit card processor. This may not sound like much of a change, however, this adjustment will allow us to begin offering numerous new benefits and features to you. We expect this to be a seamless transition, however, we want to communicate the following items that could impact you.
How will this impact me?
- Between June 17-24, new cards ordered or cards expiring in July will be delayed 7-10 business days from June 25. Meaning, if you order a new Debit or Credit Card between June 17-24 or if your card is lost or stolen between June 17-24 or if your current card is set to expire in early to mid July, your new, replacement, or reissued card may be delayed 7-10 days from June 25. Members in need of a newly issued or reissued card between June 17-24 are encouraged to establish an instant issue Travel Card at any of our three branch locations listed below as a temporary resolution until your card arrives. Normal card issuing timelines will resume June 25. Although this may pose an inconvenience to some members, we hope the following new benefits will more than make up for this short disturbance.
What future benefits will be available?
- 1380 Hilltop Drive, Redding, Ca 96003
- 1260 Pine Street, Redding, Ca 96001
- 5060 Rhonda Road, Anderson, Ca 96007
How will this affect my card number and PIN?
- Our new Prewards Program will be released this fall and available to all Debit and Travel Card members. Prewards allows you to receive discount offers via email, web, or text message from your favorite merchants. No coupons to clip or codes to remember in order to redeem these offers; simply use your Debit or Travel Card to make your purchases and you’ll realize the savings instantly.
- This winter, Members 1st will unveil its new Member Perks Rewards Card and Rewards Program. Collect points with each purchase to redeem for merchandise, travel, gift cards, and cash back.
- A new expanded catalog of card images will be available to members. Find the card image that best represents you.
- Customize your card with a personal image. Choose and upload the image that represents you best.
- Conveniently activate or edit your card PIN by phone or at the ATM
- Enjoy the added security of an EMV (Europay Mastercard and Visa) chip card in 2014-2015
Will this affect my ability to make transactions?
- Your card number(s) and PIN(s) (Personal Identification Number) will not be affected and will remain the same.
For questions regarding any of the information above, please contact a Member Service Representative at (530) 222-6060.
- No, your card(s) will be fully functional during this transition.
Mark Moore, CEO
Members 1st Credit Union