The use of Members 1st Credit Union mobile application constitutes acceptance of this agreement and disclosure.
As used in this Agreement, the following words will have the definitions given below:
- "Account(s)" means your eligible Members 1st Credit Union checking, savings, loan, share certificates and other Members 1st Credit Union products that can be accessed through the Mobile Banking Service.
- "Device" means a cellular telephone or similar wireless communication device onto which you have downloaded software provided by us for the purpose of permitting Mobile Banking. Please consult your plan or provider for details.
- "Mobile Banking" means the banking services accessible from the Device you have registered with us for Mobile Banking.
- "You" and "Your(s)" mean each person with authorized access to your Account(s) who applies and uses the Mobile Banking Service.
- "We"," Us", and "Credit Union" means Members 1st Credit Union.
Remote Deposit Capture
Deposits to your Members 1st Credit Union account may be made remotely using your smart phone device by submitting an image of the front and back of a check.
Eligible Items for Deposit through Remote Deposit Capture
You agree to submit only “checks” as defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC. You agree that the image of the check transmitted to us shall be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Article 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Unacceptable Items for Deposit
- Checks drawn on a foreign bank
- Travelers checks
- Checks payable to an individual not on the account
- An item that contains evidence of alteration
- A check previously converted to a “substitute check”, as defined in Regulation CC
- A stale dated, expired, or postdated item
- Any item that has been re-deposited or returned such as “non-sufficient funds” or “refer to maker” or for any other reason
- Savings Bonds
- Availability of Funds Deposited Through Remote Deposit Capture
Deposits made through Mobile Banking using the Remote Deposit Capture method will follow the availability requirements outlined in Regulation CC. Regular hold times are as follows:
To help reduce check fraud, scams and identity theft, Members 1st Credit Union places holds on all check deposits made at ATMs or through Remote Check Deposit. Standard holds last for 24 hours beginning at 11pm each business day evening. Extended holds can be placed on deposits from 2-7 days whereupon a member is notified through the mail. 100% of funds are released on the expiration of a hold. Business days are Monday through Friday and exclude Saturday, Sunday, and all federal holidays. For example, if a member deposits a $100 check at an ATM or via Remote Check Deposit on Monday at 5pm, the funds will not be available until Tuesday at 11pm. If a member deposits the same $100 check on Friday at 5pm, the funds will not be available until Monday at 11pm.
We reserve the right to extend any hold placed in an emergency situation where there is a failure of communications or computer equipment and if we have any reason to believe an item will not be paid.
Endorsement, Retention and Disposal of Transmitted Items
- You agree to properly endorse the check on the back as it appears on the Payable to line and the words FOR MEMBERS 1ST CREDIT UNION REMOTE DEPOSIT ONLY are required
- You agree to securely store each original check that you deposit using these services for a period of at least sixty (60) days. After sixty (60) days and no later than ninety (90) days after you transmit the original check, you can safely destroy the original check
- You agree to never re-present a check for deposit
- You understand and agree that you are responsible for any loss caused by your failure to secure the original checks
- You will promptly provide any retained check to us as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process, to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any check, or for our audit purposes. If you are unable to provide us with the check requested, you will be liable for any unresolved claims by third parties.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Account
Please refer to the Deposit Agreement given at account opening for a description of the error resolution process as well as how transfer and deposits are processed on your account. If you need a copy of the agreement or have additional questions regarding Mobile Banking Services, please contact a member service representative by using one of the following methods:
Telephone: (800) 303-3838 or (530) 222-6060
Mail: Members 1st Credit Union, P.O. Box 492395, Redding, CA 96049-2395